Verkopers & Exposants
The Holland Festival 2023 will have many stallholders including merchants, food vendors, charities, exhibitions, and information booths. Some of the foods on offer include…
- Kibbeling – Fish bites as only the Dutch can make it – Street Food to die for.
- Herring – It is not for the uninitiated – but the Dutch love them – are you brave enough to try one if you are not Dutch?
- Frites with all the famous Dutch sauces, including mayonnaise, currie, satay sauce & onions etc.
- Olie Bollen – Actually a New year’s eve speciality, that the Dutch love do much, it has become street food.
- Bitterballen (2 vendors)- available as bar food in every bar in Holland
- Poffertjes (3 vendors) – mini pancakes – Street food all over the world now
- Stroopwafers (3 vendors) – Every Dutch carnival and street market sell these warm delicacies
- Appelflappen – Maybe the favourite pastry on Holland
- Kaas souffles (2 vendors) – A delicious way to each Dutch cheese warm!
- Rookworst – Possibly Europe’s best way to eat sausage ( with due deference to all Germans)
- Frikandel Speciaal – A Dutch way of eating sausage as a street food.
- Kroketten (Croquettes) (2 vendors) – The favourite snack food in Holland?
- Broodje Haaring (Herring on a roll) – Just yum!! But are you brave enough to eat raw fish?
- Bitterballen – a famous Dutch bar snack
- Twisted Aardappels (potatoes) on a stick (stok) (2 vendors)
- Carnival food
- Coffee (2 vendors)
- Ice cream with a touch of Dutch: with hagelslag, muisjes and speculaas & stroopwafel crumbs.. (3 vendors)
- Fairy Floss
- Non Alcoholic cocktails, Fruit drink, Milk shakes, soft drinks
- Some Aussie options esp. for the kids
- And a bar!!
Refreshments on offer include…
- A bar selling Bavaria Beer, Belgium Beer, Red & White wine, Champagne & more inc. soft drinks
Businesses founded in the Netherlands, businesses owned by people of Dutch Heritage, and/or importers of Dutch products are invited to get involved. At least 30 have already signed up.
An example of the other items on offer is
Anne Frank – mini expo – learn about one of the true heroes of WW2.
People Movement expo – about Dutch immigration to Australia
Dutch Courier expo – 60 years of headlines concerning the Dutch in Australia
Phototainment – Have your photo taken in Dutch costume and receive a free printed copy and also have it sent to your email
Model Circus, model Dutch sailing ships, Dutch authors
Dutch traditional Costume display
Also – Face painting, Pony rides, Petting Zoo for the kids and 2 Dutch Street organs
An much, much more..
If your business has a link to Dutch heritage and you would like to have your business involved in some way, apply to be a vendor, exhibitor or participant now!